Ecology, Evolutionary Biology
College of Natural Science
Institute of Mathematical Statistics
American Statistical Association
International Society for Clinical Biostatistics
International Genetic Epidemiology Society
Caucus for Women in Statistics
C-422 Wells Hall
Fax: (517) 432 1405
Department: (517) 355 9589
Diplom, Universität Saarbrücken, Germany
Ph.D., University of Southern California
Statistics in medicine; survival analysis; surgical outcomes research; statistical genetics and genomics; data integration of multiple data types.
Statistics in Applications Forum. Michigan State University, October 1, 2013.
Collaborative Conference on Bioinformatics (Connecting Ohio's and Michigan's
Bioinformatics and Bioscience Research Leaders). University of Toledo, June 2-4, 2008.
Sixth World Congress of the Bernoulli Society
and IMS Annual Meeting. Barcelona, Spain. Invited Paper Session: Biological
Networks. July 26-31, 2004.
Workshop on Dynamical Stochastic Modeling in
Biology, Copenhagen, Denmark, January 8-10, 2003.
here for more information.
- Suri RM, Tribouilloy C, Grigioni F, Avierinos JF, Barbieri A, Michelen HI, Schaff HV,
Huebner M, Li Z, Sarano ME on behalf of the MIDA Investigators Amiens and Marseille,
France; Bologna and Modena, Italy; and Rochester, Minnesota. Association between
early surgical intervention vs watchful waiting and outcomes for mitral regurgitation due
to flail mitral valve leaflets. JAMA 2013; 310(6): 609-616.
- Suri RM, Thompson JE, Burkhart HM, Huebner M, Borah BJ, Li Z, Michelena HI,
Visscher SL, Roger VL, Daly RC, Cook DJ, Enriquez-Sarano M, Schaff HV. Improving
Affordability Through Innovation in the Surgical Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease. Mayo
Clin Proc. 2013 Oct;88(10):1075-1084.
- Jakub JW, Bryant K, Huebner M, Hoskin T, Boughey JC, Reynolds C, Degnim AC. The Number of Axillary Lymph Nodes Involved with Metastatic Breast Cancer Does not Affect Outcome as
Long as All Disease is Confined to the Sentinel Lymph Nodes. Ann Surg Oncol 2010 Jul 01.
- Huebner M, Therneau T, Larson D. Estimating underreported N2 disease in rectal
cancer patients with low lymph node counts. J Surg Oncol. 2012 Sep 1; 106(3):248-53.
- Huebner M, Kendrick M, Reid-Lombardo KM, Que F, Therneau T, Qin R, Donohue J,
Nagorney D, Farnell M, Sarr M. Number of lymph nodes evaluated: prognostic value in
pancreatic adenocarcinoma. J Gastrointest Surg. 2012 May; 16(5):920-6.
- Grotz TE, Huebner M, Pockaj BA, Perkins S, Jakub JW. Limitations of lymph node ratio,
evidence based benchmarks and the importance of a thorough lymph node dissection in
melanoma. Ann Surg. Onc 2013;
- Tomaszek SC, Huebner M, Wigle DA.
Prospects for molecular staging of non-small-cell lung cancer from genomic alterations. Expert Rev Respir Med 2010 Aug; 4(4):499-508.
- Cima RR, Hassan I, Poola VP, Larson DW, Dozois EJ, Larson DR, O'Byrne MM, Huebner M. Failure of institutionally derived predictive models of conversion in laparoscopic colorectal surgery to predict conversion outcomes in an independent data set of 998 laparoscopic colorectal procedures. Ann Surg 2010 Apr; 251(4):652-8
- Huebner M, Kim DY, Ewart S, Karmaus W, Sadeghnejad A, Arshad SH. Patterns of GATA3 and IL13 gene polymorphisms associated with childhood rhinitis and atopy in a birth cohort. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2008 Feb; 121(2):408-14
- Swindell WR, Huebner M, Weber AP. Transcriptional profiling of Arabidopsis heat shock proteins and transcription factors reveals extensive overlap between heat and non-heat stress response pathways. BMC Genomics 2007; 8:125.