2013- Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics and Probability,
Michigan State University.
2008-2013 Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics and Computer Information Systems, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College of City University of New York.
Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2008
M.S in Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
M.S. in Actuarial Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
B.S. in Mathematics Education, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea 1999
Conference/ Committees Appointments
- Variable screening for ultrahigh dimensional data
- Statistcal methods for high dimensional data analysis
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Survival analysis
- Quantile regression
- Educational measurement
- Cost analysis with Medicare/Medicaid data
- Categorical data analysis
Honors and Awards
- Organizer for Invited session, CFE-CMStatistics, University of London, UK. (December 2017)
- Korean International Statistical Society Program Chair for JSM, Baltimore, MD. (August 2017)
- Organizer for Invited session, Korean Statstistical Society Spring conference, Seoul, Korea. (May 2017)
Best Research Paper Award, Academy of International Business, 2017
Korean International Statistical Society: Career Award, 2015
- National Security Agency: Young Investigator Award, 2015
Zicklin School of Business: Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012.
The Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics: an Outstanding Reviewer Award, 2012.
Eugene M. Lang Junior Faculty Fellowship, 2011.
Faculty Scholarship and Creative Achievement, 2010-2012.
PSC-CUNY Research Award, 2008-2010, 2012-2013.
Robert Bohrer Workshop award for Student Papers in Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2008.
Hyokyoung (Grace) Hong, PhD
Michigan State University
Department of Statistics and Probability
Room #C435 Wells Hall, Red Cedar Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone (517) 432-1485| Fax (517) 432-1405