2013- Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics and Probability,
Michigan State University.
I am also working with Actuarial Science Program and Institute for Health Policy
2008-2013 Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics and Computer Information Systems, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College of City University of New York.
Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2008
M.S in Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
M.S. in Actuarial Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
High-dimensional data analysis (Link to the BLCSC project)
- Quantile regression
- Survival data analysis
- Machine Learning
- Graph Theory
Conference/ Committees Appointments
Honors and Awards
- Organizer for Invited session, CFE-CMStatistics, University of Pisa, Italy. (December 2018)
- Organizer for Invited session, CFE-CMStatistics, University of London, UK. (December 2017)
- KISS Program Chair for JSM, Baltimore, MD. (August 2017)
- Organizer for Invited session, Korean Statstistical Society Spring conference, Seoul, Korea. (May 2017)
- Organizer for Invited session, Korean Statstistical Society Fall conference, Daejeon, Korea. (November 2016)
- Organizer for Invited session, CFE-CMStatistics, University of Seville, Spain. (December 2016)
- Organizer and chair for Invited session, International
Indian Statistical Association, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
- Co-Organizer for Invited session & Contributed topic session chair, JSM, Chicago, IL. (August, 2016)
- Best Research Method Paper Award, Academy of International Business, 2017
Korean International Statistical Society: Career Award, 2015
- National Security Agency: Young Investigator Award, 2015
Zicklin School of Business: Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012.
The Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics: an Outstanding Reviewer Award, 2012.
Hyokyoung (Grace) Hong, PhD
Michigan State University
Department of Statistics and Probability
Room #C435 Wells Hall, 619 Red Cedar Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone (517) 432-1485 | Fax (517) 432-1405